Marketing a dance career is seldom taught and almost never executed. Few dancers truly know how to market themselves yet nothing can be more beneficial than self-marketing.
TAPS dancers will receive career guidance with pictures, resumes, demo reels and websites.
They will learn:
Where the jobs are.
How to find them;
What they pay;
What questions to ask.
What to watch out for.
What to bring with you and most importantly, how to get the job.
“A new career is usually a slow time. The offers aren’t coming in yet, money is usually tight and young dancers don’t know what to do to make things happen.”
- TAPS dancers will be instructed on a routine to carry out everyday to create opportunities.
- They will know every morning what must be done today to make a career happen.
- All available tools will be utilized, mail, email, social media and phone marketing.
- They will learn to write correspondence that is sincere and professional.
- How to reach out to producers, agents and casting directors.
- How to get yourself seen.
- What to say when you meet industry people at a party or event.
- They will learn that all marketing must be done often and with persistence.